Shopify Integrations | Farm2Me
1. Login to Shopify
Manually Adding the App, API Key, Password and Location ID
This connection will go over how to install and setup the app manually.
If you want to Integrate Shopify and import products, Farm2Me will require you to set up a custom app on your Shopify store.
To create a custom app:
- Click Settings in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Select Apps and Sales Channels
- Click Develop Apps for Your Store
Once on the Custom Apps page, you'll need to click the Create an app button and name the new app "Farm2Me".
The next screen after the app is created will show two different options to show the different types of operations and allows you to set permissions for what our app is allowed to do.
To set them up initially, click the "Configure Admin API Scopes" option.
We suggest you change the following admin API permissions (see below for how Flxpoint will use them), which are all set to "No access" by default:
- "Customers" set to "Read and write"
- "Fulfillment services" set to "Read and write"
- "Inventory" set to "Read and write"
- "Locations" set to "Read and write"
- "Orders" set to "Read and write"
- "Products" set to "Read and write"
By granting this access, Farm2Me will use it as follows:
- Get Inventory [Primary]: read_locations, read_products, read_inventory
- Send FRs/FOs: write_orders, write_draft_orders (if sending draft orders), read_customers, write_customers
- Get Shipments: read_orders, read_fulfillments
After these permissions are granted, you will go to the top right and click Install App
Now Shopify popup will appear with your API Codes, Secret Keys and API Access Tokens. Keep this page open - you will need to copy these codes to Farm2Me
Open Farm2Me Seller portal in a separate tab, login, click the Settings Menu tab and choose "Connect Shopify (Product Import)" from the drop-down.
Use the APIs you created on the Shopify App, and paste the codes in:
Fill in/Paste your "API Key"
Fill in/Paste your "Secret Key"
Fill in/Paste your "Access Token"
Fill in your Shopify website domain (e.g. "xxxxxxxxx.myshopify.com" )
Click save, on the bottom left
After saving the details, you can now start importing your products by clicking the "Import Products" button, on the top right of the page (only appears after you save API credentials correctly)
Import Products from Your Shopify Store
After clicking on the "Import Products" button, you can choose to import products by Date Range, SKU, or Product ID, and your products will automatically sync from your Shopify to your Farm2Me store.
Choose one of three method options:
(We prefer: by Date Range)
Method 1: Choose a Date Range (date that the products were created, so if you have older original products, make sure you select an early date start)
Method 2: Choose products by Product ID (comma separated)
Method 3: Choose products by product handle.
Products imported from Shopify will show up in your Farm2Me Products tab, where you can "Edit Products"
Thats it! You are now good to go
Edit your products Titles and Wholesale Pricing
- Title - include Wholesale Quantities (e.g. Hazelnut Chocolate, Organic Bars - 12 bars x 4oz)
- Product Description (start with "Brand Name's Product Name", and never use "our" or their", repeat the "Brand Name's Product Name" 10x per Description) **This is the correct way to list products on Google for Google SEO ranking**
- Price - wholesale price of case (e.g. 12 bars): $50
- Compare at Price (MSRP): $100
- Update your Meta Title (duplicate Title above)
- Meta Description (same as Product Description)
- URL structure (eg. "/brand-name-product-name"). **This is the correct way to list products on Google for Google SEO ranking**
If you have any questions, please email your Account Manager at email@example.com and we'll match you up with your team member. Please let us know once you've integrated your Shopify marketplace with Farm2Me, so we can bump you up in the queue.